Don’t we just love babies’ skin? How soft, smooth and unblemished it is! So pure and tender, you wish you could have that kind of skin forever.
But that doesn’t happen, as with every passing second of our lives, our skin starts aging and losing its inherent moisture and suppleness. Dry skin becomes an all-too-common skin condition that troubles almost all of us as we leave our teens behind. And then, if you are born with dry skin, it only becomes worse with advancing age.
Do you reach out for the moisturizer whenever your skin feels dry? If you are depending on only the moisturizer to repair your dry skin, you will have to wait endlessly. You need to use the right skincare products in a daily skincare routine, that can reduce skin dryness, restore moisture and give you soft, supple skin.
Let us take you through some must-do steps of dry skin care.
Ways to Tackle Dry Skin
Have you assessed why your skin feels dry? Is it due to harsh weather conditions, or usage of hot water for bathing or washing your face, or the aftermath of using synthetic, chemical- based skincare products? Or are you born with dry skin and have had to use external oils and creams from childhood?
Some basic ways to reduce dry skin induced by external factors are:
- Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water daily to hydrate from within.
- Limit your shower timings, and bathe in cool or tepid water.
- Do not rub your skin too hard when you dry yourself. Pat yourself dry.
- Use skincare products with naturally sourced ingredients that do not rob your skin of its moisture.
- If you are going out in the sun, always wear sunscreen with high SPF. Sun damage causes skin dryness, dark spots and premature aging.
Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized with serums containing natural fruit and plant oils. Avoid being in air-conditioned environment for long hours, as it dries the skin irrevocably. Splash your face with water at regular intervals and keep drinking water.
A daily skincare routine for dry skin should include the following:
- Start using a gentle face cleanser to wash your face. Use a sulfate-free, mild cleanser for your body skin too.
- Use an alcohol-free, hydrating toner that has natural plant oils to restore the pH balance of your skin.
- Moisturize your face and body skin after you dry yourself post-bathing. In summer, use a water-based moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. Winters require more heavy oil or cream-based moisturizers.
- Use a face oil at night before sleeping, to restore skin moisture and repair your skin.
- If you are in your thirties, start using an anti aging cream that has hydrating ingredients like the olive-derived lipid – Squalane, Vitamin E, and Hyaluronic Acid.
- Take special care of the under eye skin, as that is prone to aging first. Use an under eye cream with fruit extracts and Beta Carotene to hydrate this delicate area.
- If you suffer from chapped and dry, rough lips, use a lip balm that has natural butters and coconut oil.
Skin dryness can lead to early signs of aging like age spots, fine lines, wrinkles showing up on your face. Start your dry skin care routine early and keep away premature aging.
For cleansing your face, you can opt for Kiehl’s Centella Sensitive Facial Cleanser, a mild facial cleanser for sensitive skin, that restores the pH-balance. This remarkably gentle cleanser removes dirt, oil and impurities without causing discomfort or clogging pores. It has Centella Asiatica, known for its skin-soothing properties, and leaves your dry skin cleansed, soothed and comforted.
Use Kiehl’s Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner that is infused with Cucumber Extract, and gently balances and tones skin. This is the mildest of facial toners for dry and sensitive skin, that leaves your skin feeling soft and soothed.
A facial oil that revitalizes skin and provides antioxidant protection, is essential to tackle dry skin during the day. Try the Daily Reviving Concentrate from Kiehl’s, infused with Sunflower Oil, Ginger Root, and Tamanu Oil extracts. This lightweight facial oil and antioxidant serum makes your skin look fresh and healthy throughout the day.
Pamper your skin overnight with Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate, a nourishing facial oil that revives skin health and replenishes moisture. With Lavender Essential Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and Squalane, this facial oil helps repair and replenish your skin by fighting signs of aging, like fine lines and sagging skin.
Dry skin often leads to uneven tone, dark spots and hyperpigmentation of skin. Treat your facial skin to Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution, formulated with Activated C (a stabilized form of Vitamin C), buffered Salicylic Acid, and Peony extracts. Your dark spots lighten with the regular use of this efficacious brightening serum and you get radiant, clear skin.
This daily care routine for dry skin with these iconic and effective skincare products from Kiehl’s will give you the skin you desire.
Say hello to nourished, healthy skin!