Carpets are a costly investment. Not only does he love them, but he also wants them to be the best that they can be throughout his life. Did you know that you can keep your carpet looking new even after several years? The answer is in using the proper cleaning products and practices.
You don’t need to fill your home with toxins by using chemicals to your carpet cleaning services. There are enough green cleaning processes that will clean your carpet, remove stains effectively, and also help keep dirt and debris out.
Regular carpet maintenance is the only way to ensure that your carpet maintains its new appearance. Some of the ways to maintain your carpet are:
• Vacuum regularly
• Use hot water extraction, also known as a steam cleaning method.
• Carbonated water is available in the market. Helps bubble dust build-up on top fiber layers. You can vacuum your carpet with carbonated water and never have to resort to elements again.
• Sprinkle baking soda on your carpet to reduce odors. Let the baking soda sit on the carpet for about 30 minutes and then vacuum it up. It also works as a good antibacterial agent.
• White vinegar can help eliminate pet odor. Rub your rug with a little white vinegar and gently scrub the pet stains. It will remove the stains and also the smell. Let the carpet dry completely.
Here are some tips to help you keep dirt, grime, and other unwanted debris out of your carpet. This will also decrease your workload.
• Use doormats at the entrance of your house to make sure the carpet is not dirty.
• You can ask your family and guests to remove their shoes when entering the house.
• Place a rug or rug under the rug. This extends its useful life.
• Clean up and dry spills immediately. This will prevent spills from becoming permanent stains.
• When cleaning watery stains, do not cover. Otherwise, the stain will enter the fibers and become resistant. Instead, rub the stains gently with a damp, lint-free cloth.
Here are some things to think about when you want to use green carpet cleaning methods.
• Healthy ingredients: check when buying carpet shampoos. There are specialty eco-home stores that sell eco-friendly shampoos and carpet cleaners. Stay away from cleaners that contain solvents. Instead, opt for citrus and non-petrochemical solvents.
• Green Cleaning Companies: Select a company that is committed to the environment if you plan to use the services of a professional carpet cleaning company. Check your cleaning products and methods before signing any bond.
• Don’t Buy Acidic Carpet Cleaners – Tributyltin, Hydroxyacetic Acid, and Formaldehyde are some chemicals that are not allowed on your carpet or in your home because they are toxic to humans and pets.
• Check the Home Products Database – Always check your carpet cleaning shampoo by placing it on the National Institutes of Health Home Products Database website. It would give you complete information about the product, including its ingredients.
The main benefit of using eco-friendly carpet cleaning methods is for your pocketbook, your health, and Mother Earth. So if you are not using them, you are missing out on this benefit.
• Avoid using toxic stain cleaners that contain butoxyethanol and similar poisonous solvents that can seep through the skin and poison the liver, kidneys, blood, and even reproductive organs.
• Using too much detergent on your carpet will make it sticky. You can see the detergent residue under artificial light. Avoid detergents and use hot water to clean your carpet.
• Make sure during carpet cleaning services melbourne your carpet doesn’t stay wet for long (more than 12 hours). Speed up the drying process by using a heater, fans, and ventilation. Otherwise, your carpet will become a breeding ground for mold and bacteria.
So, use eco-friendly carpet cleaning services methods and extend the life of your carpet, keep your home healthy, and your environment safe.