Physiotherapy treatment is taken to restore and upkeep mobility through movements, exercise, and manual therapy. In addition, physiotherapy helps people with disabilities or whose movement is affected by injury or illness.
When to consult a physiotherapist:
If you feel pain or have had a recent injury, physiotherapy treatment helps in reducing pain and increasing and mobility. Doctors advise physiotherapy treatment as post-op care in surgeries like a hip or knee replacement, heart attack, or stroke.
Problems treated by Physiotherapy:
Physiotherapy treatment in Mumbai helps in preventing injuries and restoring health caused by disability, diseases, or injury.
- Back pain, neck pain caused by muscle strain or skeletal issues.
- Arthritis and other similar problems related to bone, joints, muscle, and ligaments.
- Asthma and other lung troubles.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation following
- Childbirth-related pelvic, bladder, and bowel issues.
- Any pain, fatigue, swelling, and loss of muscle strength.
- Loss of mobility due to spinal trauma or brain injury, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
Most common types of physiotherapy treatment:
1. RANGE OF MOTION (ROM):
The range of motion denotes the distance and direction of a joint movement between a flexed and straight position. A ROM treatment is designed to increase this distance in the movement of the joint.
A restricted range of motion may result from infection, arthritis, swelling, inflammation, or any problem with the body mechanics.
After a broken bone restoration or surgery, prolonged immobilization periods may cause immobility. In such cases, these exercises are prescribed to regain movement, promote blood circulation, and restore mobility.
Physiotherapy treatment Mumbai offers the following types of ROM exercises:
- PASSIVE ROM(PROM): The physiotherapist moves the injured joint through various stretching exercises in this type of exercise. The patient does not need to apply any effort in the exercises.
- ACTIVE ASSISTED ROM(AAROM): In AAROM exercises, the patient himself uses a muscle around the weak joint to perform the necessary movements, assisted by the physiotherapist.
- ACTIVE ROM(AROM): The patient performs the stretching exercises and joint movements without any aid.
Physiotherapy treatment Mumbai offers ROM exercises like shoulder rotations, head tilt, neck tilt, leg lift, etc.
2. SOFT TISSUE MOBILIZATION:
Also referred to as Therapeutic massage, this type of physiotherapy treatment restores and heal soft tissue injuries like strain or sprain.
Soft tissues consist of the cells, skin, fat, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, nerves, blood vessels, etc.
Physiotherapy treatment Mumbai provides soft tissue mobilization therapy for:
- Elongation or stretching of Fascia
- Relaxing muscle spasm
- Reduction of scar tissues.
Diseases treated by using this technique include:
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tendinitis of the bicep, rotator cuff,
- Plantar fasciitis
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Hip pain, etc
In general, soft tissue massage generates blood circulation, relaxes the muscle, and reduces swelling. Thus, the best physiotherapy treatment Mumbai advises this treatment for relieving pain in soft tissue conditions.
In this type of treatment, electric current is used by expert physiotherapists to treat acute chronic pain, muscle wasting, nerve pain, or muscular and skeletal injuries.
The therapeutic electrical impulse is passed through the skin to stimulate the muscle or the nerve in this technique. The patient merely experiences a minor tingling or vibration on the skin.
Electrotherapy works in the following ways:
- sending electrical signals that block pain signals, thereby reducing pain
- Releasing endorphins that reduce pain and discomfort
- Stimulates the cells reducing inflammation
- Prevents muscle atrophy through muscle stimulation
- Improves blood circulation
Cryotherapy is the method where extreme cold to treat acute temperature through cuffs injuries and inflammation. All of us are aware of applying ice tricks to reduce pain.
It is a prevalent and effective method to treat sports injuries. Physiotherapy treatment Mumbai offers cryotherapy for conditions like:
- Acute sports injury
- Acute soft tissue injury
- Myofascial trigger points
- Post orthopedic surgery care
Ice packs, ice immersion, ice spray, or ice massage are used in this type of physiotherapy. It is also very effective in treating rheumatological or other similar problems.
5. HEAT THERAPY:
This treatment aims to gradually alter the temperature of a targeted region to initiate a biological response. It is very effective in treating stiff joints and relaxing the muscles.
This therapy can treat sciatica, lumbago, rheumatic pain, sprain, or muscle stiffness combined with other exercises.
6. THERAPEUTIC ULTRASOUND:
Ultrasound use as a therapy to treat chronic illness and heal tissues. Physiotherapy treatment Mumbai advises therapeutic ultrasound for the following complications:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Ligament injury
- Joint stiffness
Therapeutic ultrasound is used in the following ways:
- Deep heating: Ultrasound applies heat to the soft tissues to promote blood circulation and heal the pain.
- Cavitation: Ultrasound is use to rapidly expand and contract microscopic gas bubbles around the injured area to promote healing.
7. KINESIO TAPING:
Taping has been used as an effective tool to alleviate pain. Kinesio Tape is a therapeutic elastic taping used to stabilize the injured area by applying pressure. It helps in restricting the movement of an injured area or assists a muscle while a patient undergoes physiotherapy. Additionally, it also offers enough flexibility to perform ROM exercises.
The best physiotherapy treatment Mumbai helps in treating joint, bone, muscle, or injury-related problems.