Most people use either vaping or smoking as a method of consuming cannabis and nicotine concentrate because both methods offer high bioavailability. When you vape or smoke, your inhale is immediately absorbed into your system via the blood in your lungs. Consequently, you feel the effects of cannabis or nicotine immediately. The difference between health hazards smoking and vaping is that smoking releases nicotine by burning tobacco, while e-cigarette/ vaporizers can release nicotine or cannabis by heating the e-liquid or vape pens juice to produce vapor that the user inhales.
Health hazards of smoking
Most health hazards of smoking are long-term. According to a CDC report, some of the long term health effects of smoking include:
- Reduced sperm count and increased risk of miscarriage or congenital disability
- Increased risk of cataracts
- Damaged immune system function
- Increased systemic inflammation
- Can cause cancer parts of the body, including the lungs, kidneys, and stomach
- Can trigger asthma attacks, block veins, and arteries
- Increase the risk of stroke
- Decrease a person’s overall health.
Health hazards of vaping
Compared to smoking, vaping has fewer health hazards. Some of the documented health hazards of vaping include:
- Damaging the lungs
- Releasing free radicals/ toxins into the body that promote cancer development and weaken the immune system
- Delaying the brain development of fetuses, children, and adolescents
However, you can minimize the chances of getting the health hazards that are linked with vaping by choosing the right wax vaporizers.
Vaping vs smoking: which one is healthier?
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, e-cigarettes are less harmful than smoking. They pointed out that a smoker will inhale about 7,000 chemicals, while an e-cigarettes user may inhale even fewer chemicals. Furthermore, the American Heart Association points out that e-cigarette liquid contains fewer pollutants than cigarettes. However, they also claim that e-cigarettes are not safe for the following reasons:
- Some E-cigarettes contain large amounts of nicotine, a substance known to slow the brain development of fetuses, children, and adolescents
- When swallowed, inhaled, or put on the skin some e-liquids are dangerous for adults and children.
- Some vaporizers also produce various hazardous chemicals such as diacetyl, carcinogenic chemicals, heavy metals, and volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- As vaping becomes more and more popular, it may normalize smoking.
However, the CDC also admits that due to the removal of vitamin E acetate and other harmful ingredients from e-cigarette products, the number of symptoms that people experience with e-cigarettes has decreased.
Research fully supports the claim that smoking is more harmful to human health than vaping. According to CDC’s reliable sources, smoking causes:
- Damage to all body organs.
- More than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States.
- 90% of lung cancer deaths.
- Approximately 80% of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) deaths.
- Increased risk of death.
- Development of health conditions, such as Heart disease and stroke
Which is the safest vaporizer for oils and e-liquids?
The safety degree of any vaporizer is subject to the materials it is built of and the kind of concentrate you are vaping. Some of the ideal characteristics of an ideal wax vaporizers include:
- Medical-grade and food-grade materials – (some vaporizers release toxins into the vapor because their vapor path is made of materials that are neither medical-grade nor food-grade. Therefore, when finding the healthiest vaporizer, you should first find one whose vaporizer path is made of medical-grade or food-grade materials).
- Lab-tested distillate/ vape juice/ e-liquid – (you should always vape a distillate or e-liquid that is lab tested by a certified and independent third-party. Such tests help verify the constituents, purity, consistency, and potency of the e-liquid. The third-party lab test results or reports for each batch of the e-liquid should be readily available for you. Most brands post these reports on their websites).
- Reputation – (you can find many reviews and testimonials about a certain vaporizer or e-liquid on online platforms. A high-quality vaporizer and e-liquid, with a great safety degree, can also be determined from these ratings and reviews. Do your research about several brands before ordering or buying any vaporizer or e-liquid).
Generally, vaping is a healthier alternative to vaping. Since vaporizers vaporize the concentrates rather than burning them, they do not release harmful toxins that are normally released during combustion. Many people have shifted from smoking to vaping because it can create more intense hits and is easy for dosing. The design of most vaporizers enables them to get a similar experience to smoking a traditional cigarette.
Also Read: How To Make Your Perfume Smell Different?