Communication plays a vital role in serving customers, supporting business processes that help in producing income for many organizations. The current lockdown scenario has seriously disturbed the standard components that organizations use for effective, reliable, and secure communication.
Organizations have been compelled to ask their employees, including customer service executives to work from home, which guarantees the prosperity of their workers and consistency with government mandates while empowering business progression.
Serving Customers without compromising Privacy
Usually, when customer service executives or call center employees used to work from offices; they had to follow strict supervision and regulations to protect customer privacy and ensure compliance with various data regulatory norms, and to prevent data theft. At the workplace, they were typically prohibited from carrying personal devices (be it phones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
The employees used to come to work under different shifts and work under close watch to prevent any kind of data leakage. However, during work-from-home scenario, most of the businesses are struggling to ensure strict monitoring and supervision practices.
The Pitfalls of Remote Working
To guarantee minimal disruption to customer services, enterprises have been left with no other alternative but to allow remote access to all their tools, apps, and data either from company-owned or personal devices.
To make sure they have secure access, implementing Zero Trust Network Access is the best way to not just secure their cloud apps and digital assets but also provide employees identity-based access to only those resources that are essential for them.
Benefits of A Zero-Trust for BPOs
- An application access gateway solution would be ideal to fulfill the VoIP needs of businesses, to defeat the restrictions presented by distant working.
- A hybrid solution allows business applications to deliver over a Layer-7 tunnel and VoIP traffic is delivered through a Layer-3 tunnel. Since the L3 tunnel is a UDP-based tunnel it can adapt to VoIP traffic and provide the best performance.
- Delivers a superlative performance in terms of voice delivery, mitigates the concerns of call drops or jitters.
- Compliments multi-factor authentication to ensure strict verification and authorization of users.
- Capable of using multiple parameters, like log-in time, device location, device fingerprint, etc., to ensure that a user always remains bound to a particular device as per the DoT regulations.
- Provides detailed audits and logs of all user activities, to ensure compliance and higher security.
- Capable of providing context-based, real-time adaptive risks-based access to corporate digital assets.
Traditionally, businesses had bifurcated their networks into ‘internal and external’ parts wherein you trust devices and users within your network while not trusting anything outside; however, this practice cannot be used in today’s digital ecosystem as the boundaries between outside and inside have long ceased to exist.
With Secure Access Software, businesses can have complete control over their digital assets, endure administrative compliance, keep all security issues under control, and empower their customer support teams to accomplish maximum productivity from their homes.
Apart from verticals like BPOs, Financial Services, companies from healthcare sectors, public sector, manufacturing, hospitality have also shown strong interest in Zero Trust security.